Exchange 2007: LOGS vs Storage Group
Posted on 2010-08-25
1) This is related to Exchange 2007 in the Cluster Environment
-OS: Windows 2003 server
2) There is Volume called "LOGS" or R: drive
3) There are 6 storage groups: Storage group 1 up to 6
4) Per Consultant:
- The volume "LOGS" or R: drive should be more than 75 GB
- If The volume "LOGS" or R: drive is equal to 0 (zero); the Exchange server will fail
-If the Volume "LOGS" or R: drive is LESS than 75 GB; we have to "Run backup NOW" to the largest Storage group; say it if the Storage group 6 is the largest (at that time; when R: drive is LESS than 75 GB), we have to "right-click" the Storage group 6 and select "Run Backup Now"
5) My questions: i) What is the "LOGS" or R:drive?, ii)Why (as per consultant) if the R: drive is " 0 (zero value) ", the Exchange will fail?, iii)Why when we "backup the largest storage group" Now the R: Drive will become Bigger?
6) Thank you