We currently have SBS 2003 with 16 users. I bought new servers... SBS 2008 Standard & Server 2008 Standard. SBS 2008 will be for AD and Exchange. Server 2008 will be the application server.
I have decided to go with a clean install instead of migrating unless you would recommend otherwise. Reason for this is I am moving all applications including BlackBerry Professional Software to Server 2008
I have several questions regarding SBS 2008:
1) Should I keep the same domain name?
2) Should l keep the same computer name?
3) Exchange - Should I just export everyones mailboxes manually to PST, then import?
4) Is there any affect in my organization using different usernames (ex jeff on sbs 2003 jlastname on sbs 2008)?
5) After SBS 2008 is up, I will have to disjoin the 16 workstations, then rejoin them to sbs 2008. Anything I should be aware of to retain all personal settings (desktop, favorites, my docs)?
6) Any registry changes need to be done on the workstations?
7) Any other advice or articles that would help?
Thank you experts. Sorry for all the questions within 1 question