I have a SQL 2005 database with a rapidly-expanding logfile that I cannot get to stay at a reasonable size.
- LDF has already filled disk once, forcing me to Detach, delete & then re-attach db
- Two days later it's already back up to 12 gig and growing steadily.
- Recovery model is already set to Simple. Switching to Full then back to Simple has no effect.
- Daily maintenance plan including a Shrink, which has no apparent effect.
- Manually executing dbcc ShrinkFile('hydroweb_log',2) also has no effect, but returns the following:
Dbld Field CurrentSize MinimumSize UsedPages EstimatedPages
10 2 1409936 128 1409936 128
I'm not seeing anything unusual in the logs, nor any unusual activity in the monitor.