I have a question about setuping a RAID.
Here are what happened:
1. I have 4 SCSI hard drives which may or may not be taken from the same RAID machine (which means they may be originally a RAID)
2. I have another RAID computer with its hard drives removed.
3. I plugged those 4 SCSI hard drives into the RAID computer and started it, and then I got the screen error message in figure 1 and computer speaker alarm (keep beeping). Then I pressed Ctrl-A as instructed by the screen and got the message "Adaptec RAID Configuration Utility will be invoked after initialization". However, I didn't see the utility start after waiting for a couple minutes.
4. I turned off the computer, removed those old SCSI hard drives, and put a single new SCSI hard drive into the computer RAID controller slut. Then I got the error message in figure 2. I still couldn't enter the Adaptec RAID Configuration Utility.
The thing I want to figure out is:
1. is any of the hardware I used broken? How can I identify?
2. why couldn't I enter the RAID Configuration Utility?
3. why did the machine alarm?
3. How should I build a working RAID computer with the hardware that I have, and I don't need to keep the data in the old RAID computer.