How to do Delphi 7 Frames.
Posted on 2010-08-28
I'm on a WinXP Pro, SP3 using Delphi 7.
I have a fundamental problem starting a new Frame project/program from scratch.
In the IDE, I do:
1. File, New, Frame. The unit and frame are displayed.
2. Drop Button1 and Edit1 on the form.
3. Double click Button1 and add "Close;" between the "begin" and "end;" .
4. Save the code as Unti1.pas.
5. In the project directory, I have two files: Unit1.dfm and Unit1.pas.
Here is what I don't understand:
1. Why can't I create a Project (dpr) file? I can't do a File, Save Project As... because it is grayed out.
2. Why is the green "|>" Run button grayed out?
I thought I could save a Frame as a Project and I obviously need to use the "Run" button to compile the code.
What am I fundamentally misunderstanding about Delphi Frames and Projects?