Want to protect your cyber security and still get fast solutions? Ask a secure question today.Go Premium

x
?
Solved

Exchange 2007 NDR Problem

Posted on 2010-08-30
6
Medium Priority
?
506 Views
Last Modified: 2012-05-10
I have a mailbox that I removed using the EMC. I then added that mailbox's email address as an additional email address for another mailbox. Everything completed successfully but when an email is sent to the old email address a NDR message is sent back to the sender. I have done this before and it worked ok.  Thanks

below is the NDR Received.

---------------------------------------------

Delivery has failed to these recipients or distribution lists:

Louis Ingutti
The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.

  _____  

Sent by Microsoft Exchange Server 2007







Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: mail.iconintl.local

IMCEAEX-_O=ICON_OU=EXCHANGE+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP+20+28FYDIBOHF23SPDLT+29_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=Lingutti@iconintl.net
#550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##

Original message headers:

Received: from mail.iconintl.local ([192.168.0.11]) by mail.iconintl.local
 ([192.168.0.11]) with mapi; Mon, 30 Aug 2010 08:32:55 -0400
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary
From: Matt Coughlin <MCoughlin@iconintl.net>
To: Louis Ingutti
      <IMCEAEX-_O=ICON_OU=EXCHANGE+20ADMINISTRATIVE+20GROUP+20+28FYDIBOHF23SPDLT+29_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=Lingutti@iconintl.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 08:32:53 -0400
Subject: hi
Thread-Topic: hi
Thread-Index: ActIP3e1NY0OR2cKT1KQ8uYmmB43dA==
Message-ID: <65848F2AE735884B866C31C2B76BFF24C51DC1D145@mail.iconintl.local>
Accept-Language: en-US
Content-Language: en-US
X-MS-Has-Attach:
X-MS-TNEF-Correlator: <65848F2AE735884B866C31C2B76BFF24C51DC1D145@mail.iconintl.local>
MIME-Version: 1.0
0
Comment
Question by:Matt Coughlin
6 Comments
 
LVL 9

Assisted Solution

by:Gianpiero Rossi
Gianpiero Rossi earned 664 total points
ID: 33557773
the first thing that i can thing, is that AD is not completely updated. So i will try to wait 15 minuts, and try again, and maybe try to restart the exchange server  (sometimes it works)
0
 
LVL 6

Assisted Solution

by:fluk3d
fluk3d earned 664 total points
ID: 33557854
Yes - you are on the right track. You can also run powershell scripts that wil force an update.

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/10/02/429053.aspx
0
 
LVL 6

Expert Comment

by:fluk3d
ID: 33557863
If you are in a production enviroment restarting the exchange server might not be an option so try updating your client address list.
0
VIDEO: THE CONCERTO CLOUD FOR HEALTHCARE

Modern healthcare requires a modern cloud. View this brief video to understand how the Concerto Cloud for Healthcare can help your organization.

 
LVL 1

Accepted Solution

by:
ptholen earned 672 total points
ID: 33558005
First check in your Outlook adressbook of the new e-mail adres is added as an additional mailbox.

- Create an email
- pick the user form the adresslist
- Right Click the name and click propterties
- view the e-mail adressen on the e-mail tab

When the correct e-mail is displayed make sure you do not send the e-mail using the Outlook history!
Put manually the whole adress in the bar of test using an external e-mail adres.

Outlook/Echange can translates internal e-mail adresses to an LegacyExchangeDN (view with adsiedit).

In my case when we had re-created an address everybody who send's mail from within the Outlook History did receive an NDR. The people who send their message by selecting the user within the address book didn't had a problem.


0
 
LVL 19

Expert Comment

by:R--R
ID: 33558410
Does the mailbox still shows as disconnected mailbox. Please check that.
0
 
LVL 5

Author Comment

by:Matt Coughlin
ID: 33558772
ok, seems that the problem was that I was sending tests using outlook history. I cleared my address cache and now it works great. Next time I will test using my gmail account instead of an internal AD account.
I also updated the AD on the mail server and updated the address lists via EMS. Thanks for all your help guys!
0

Featured Post

Get quick recovery of individual SharePoint items

Free tool – Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SharePoint, enables fast, easy restores of SharePoint sites, documents, libraries and lists — all with no agents to manage and no additional licenses to buy.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

There can be many situations demanding the conversion of Outlook OST files to PST format and as such, there is no shortage of automated tools to perform this conversion. However, what makes Stellar OST to PST converter stand above the rest? Let us e…
Exchange administrators are always vigilant about Exchange crashes and disasters that are possible any time. It is quite essential to identify the symptoms of a possible Exchange issue and be prepared with a proper recovery plan. There are multiple…
In this video we show how to create an Accepted Domain in Exchange 2013. We show this process by using the Exchange Admin Center. Log into Exchange Admin Center.: First we need to log into the Exchange Admin Center. Navigate to the Mail Flow >> Ac…
This video shows how to quickly and easily deploy an email signature for all users in Office 365 and prevent it from being added to replies and forwards. (the resulting signature is applied on the server level in Exchange Online) The email signat…
Suggested Courses

581 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question