Thank you for taking the time to read my problem. I am half way through my swing migration of exchange 2003. I am moving exchange 2003 of an existing domain controller and moving this onto its own server. I am following this excellent article:
So far I have moved half of the mail box;s across, the ones that are left are users that use mobile devices to connect to the corporate email system such as Nokia E71, HTC and iPhone.
So far I have,
1. Moved non OWA and remote mobile mailboxes to new server.
2. Replicated Public Folders
3. Added the new server as a local bridgehead to allow emails to route between the servers.
4. Pointed F-Secure MSG to point emails to the new internal server which works okay.
5. Installed RPC over HTTPS on the new server, clients that have their mail box’s moved across to the new server, outlook httpc over rpc works fine.
6. Ordered and installed a SSL certificate on the new server.
This is the problem, when I have altered the Firewall to redirect ports 443 and port 80 to the new email server, although the following works https:\\mail.companyname.co.uk\exchange
. Remote Mobile devices such as iPhone and my Nokia E71 are unable to connect, on my Nokia E71 the error message we get is Error in Exchange Server, please try again. On the iphone we get, The connection to the server failed. I can confirm that both these users have their mail box on the new server. If I move my mail box back and reset the firewall back to point to the main domain controller then both devices work
Can anyone shed some light on this problem, I’m stumped, as sending and receiving emails work within outlook and outlook web access, it’s just a problem with 3rd party mobile devices. I would be extremely grateful if I could get this issue resolved.