• Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 1179
  • Last Modified:

SSRS Default Parameters Don't Show in Report

My SSRS report uses Multiple Parameters with Default Values.
The defaults work and are selected when I am in the development program which is:
(Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Version 8.0
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Designers
Version 9.00.1399.00)
but when I run the report in IE8 I get either the first
or no value selected in the parameter boxes.
0
tonydemarco
Asked:
tonydemarco
4 Solutions
 
almanderCommented:
Sometimes I have noticed that Parameter changes do not always get deployed. But if I make a change to the report content and deploy the parameter changes are deployed with it.

Just a thought.

Are you deploying these to a webserver to view them in IE8?
0
 
bhoenigCommented:
I've experienced similar situations in the past.  Typically the default value is not available for some reason in production.  This could be for multiple reasons.  

Double check the parameters "Available values".  If you are using a query ("From query"), then the resultes might be different in production.

Same for the parameters "Default values".  A query could provide different results in production.

If you are connecting to the production database in your dev environment, then maybe the datasource is running as a different user, which could cause different results.
0
 
FrancoCarusiCommented:
Are you calling this report as a subreport from some main report.
I experienced the same when using a report as a sub report. I did some enquiries and was told that this is how report services works. Seems a bit odd.
0
 
tonydemarcoAuthor Commented:
almander gave me an idea when he used the word "deploy".
Apparently SSRS does not deploy the parameters default values when a report is re-deployed after a change to the parameters defaults. I got this clue after reading the post below.

http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/299372/report-parameter-defaults-not-updated-during-deployment

"Parameter defaults do not get updated when re-deploying existing reports. These either have to be updated manually or the reports deleted and re-deployed. The latter regenerates all report ID's (GUID's) and makes traking usage from the ExecutionLog more difficult."

I deleted the report from the server and then deployed the report from SSRS and VOILA! The parameter defaults were "deployed".

I evenly distributed the points because each one of you had parts and pieces to the puzzle.

Cheers!
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: IP Lookup

Get more info about an IP address or domain name, such as organization, abuse contacts and geolocation.

One of a set of tools we are providing to everyone as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now