Exchange 2010 suddenly stopped delivering mail. System is still online.
Posted on 2010-09-01
Exchange 2010 was working fine til yesterday when it became unresponsive as I was connecting client stations, after a reboot everything went back to working normally, yet now I can neither send nor receive. I do not get an error message, but I do not receive any of the mail.
I have checked its ports through online utilities and they reply that ports SMTP-25, HTTP-80, and HTTPS-443 are all open.
Yesterday I noticed that Outlook would throw an error message regarding an object not found upon hitting the Send/Receive button. Yet, upon further investigation it seemed that the msg was referring to the OAB, which I have not edited since install a few weeks ago.
Error Message: Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'
Thanks for your help.