Dear Friends at EE, I need your help.
I have some issues with the following configuration:
- there is a new Primergy RX300 S6 server with WIN2008 Server R2. I've enabled static aggregation (this issue was present even before). There are 4 SAS disks configured as RAID6
- there are ~20 workstations in the network - mixed Win2000/XP/7
- almost every computer is connected to the D-Link DGS-1248T switch (this particular issue was also present on the old 3Com switch). I've enable STP just to be sure there won't be any cycle (there are smaller unmanaged switches around the network).
- I have disabled anonymous access to the system (no change with Guest access enabled) for the sake of security.
The server has Oracle 11g database installed and as of now - nobody's using it (there's no data yet).
There are also domain services (with integrated DNS server) and remote desktop services installed. I've created account for all the users but these are currently disabled.
This particular server is the only one in the forest with functionality level of the Windows 2008 R2.
AD and DNS roles don't show any problems in the Event Viewer; same goes with DCDIAG - no Connectivity errors.
I've configured reverse lookup zones in our DNS (the server is configured to use only one IPv4 address). As of now, there's also dynamically assigned IPv6 address. If there's gonna be such need - I'll disable it through registry tweak.
All the hardware sits in one building.
I've read that SMB2 (in case of Win2008R2 and Win7 even SMB2.1) can cause long delays in older systems, caused by protocol version negotiation.
Unfortunately, I had to wait ~1.5 minute even under Windows 7 (doesn't matter if I joined the domain or not). I've turned off SMB2 on the server (again via registry tweak) but the issue is still present.
In addition - after waiting, every next access to the server is instant (that is until next restart). Even after that - when I go to the first level of the shared folder - explorer stops responding and I have to wait ~20sec. Following subfolders don't make any problems, just the highest level ones.
I've attached printout from the Wireshark (I had to cut out name of the server). .0.2 is a server, .0.105 is a client.