Go Premium for a chance to win a PS4. Enter to Win

x
  • Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 1059
  • Last Modified:

Symantec Endpoint Unable to communicate with the reporting component

I have recently installed (and re-installed to attempt to fix) Symantec Endpoint on a Windows 2008 machine.  I continue to receive the error:
 Unable to communicate with the reporting component

I have tried both articles:

http://service1.symantec.com/support/ent-security.nsf/854fa02b4f5013678825731a007d06af/32a9ac7fc1ff64b8882574fa007a946b?OpenDocument

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2007101711103548

I am able to connect to the ODBC database.  I have tried other methods mentioned and am still getting the error.  The only thing I can think that might be an issue is in IIS when testing authentication, I get this:

The server is configured to use pass-through authentication with a built-in account to access the specified physical path. However, IIS Manager cannot verify whether the built-in account has access. Make sure that the application pool identity has Read access to the physical path. If this server is joined to a domain, and the application pool identity is NetworkService or LocalSystem, verify that <domain>\<computer_name>$ has Read access to the physical path. Then test these settings again.

I added the computer name (with the $), LOCAL SERVICE, and NETWORK SERVICE and still get this particular error as well as the Symantec error.  I have tried to switch to a domain admin and password which solves the IIS error, but the Symantec error persists.

Thanks in advance
0
Osajus
Asked:
Osajus
  • 2
  • 2
1 Solution
 
OsajusAuthor Commented:
I did not run the tool.  Just did so and its just giving me a warning about my version not being the most current, 11.6 (working on downloading newest now) and user account control being enabled.  I disabled account control and rebooted.  Upon restart, the system was unable to locate jarfiles.  I had to repair the install, and am still getting the same reporting error.
0
 
jimmymcp02Commented:
and you re ran the tool after you made all the changes?
 
can you post the logs?
 
thanks
0
 
OsajusAuthor Commented:
I did re-run the tool with the same result.  I'm also having problems deploying and having the clients connecting to the server.  I just uninstalled it from this server and moved it to another server where it appears to be going better.

Thanks for the suggestions
0

Featured Post

[Webinar] Cloud and Mobile-First Strategy

Maybe you’ve fully adopted the cloud since the beginning. Or maybe you started with on-prem resources but are pursuing a “cloud and mobile first” strategy. Getting to that end state has its challenges. Discover how to build out a 100% cloud and mobile IT strategy in this webinar.

  • 2
  • 2
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now