I have a hub and spoke WINS environment. I am going to decommission a few old WINS servers but need to get all of the records owned by them released. There are a few statically mapped records. They are replicating between the WINS servers but how do i change the owner. I thought this procedure might work.
1. Ensure no clients are configured to use old WINS server.
2. Verify all records except static are owned by new WINS server.
3. delete static mappings on old WINS server and force replication.
4. Recreate static mappings on new WINS server.
5. delete old wins server from replication partners and uninstall WINS.