I have a hub and spoke WINS environment. I am going to decommission a few old WINS servers but need to get all of the records owned by them released. There are a few statically mapped records. They are replicating between the WINS servers but how do i change the owner. I thought this procedure might work.
1. Ensure no clients are configured to use old WINS server.
2. Verify all records except static are owned by new WINS server.
3. delete static mappings on old WINS server and force replication.
4. Recreate static mappings on new WINS server.
5. delete old wins server from replication partners and uninstall WINS.
1. Enable WINS scavaging to purge the old records - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc758904(WS.10).aspx
2. Manually create the static entries on a new server (Make sure you get 'em all!)
There are many applications where some computing systems need have their system clocks running synchronized within a small margin and eventually need to be in sync with the global time.
There are different solutions for this, i.e. the W3…
Configuring network clients can be a chore, especially if there are a large number of them or a lot of itinerant users. DHCP dynamically manages this process, much to the relief of users and administrators alike!
Although Jacob Bernoulli (1654-1705) has been credited as the creator of "Binomial Distribution Table", Gottfried Leibniz (1646-1716) did his dissertation on the subject in 1666; Leibniz you may recall is the co-inventor of "Calculus" and beat Isaac…
With Secure Portal Encryption, the recipient is sent a link to their email address directing them to the email laundry delivery page. From there, the recipient will be required to enter a user name and password to enter the page. Once the recipient …