VS2010 - edit while debugging - output to immediate window eg debug.print
I just installed VS2010 Express - the free version. I have played around with other versions that are not free.
2 things I cannot work out is;
1. Outputting the Debug.print things to the immediate window.
Tools > Options > Debugging > General > Redirect All Output Window Text to the Immediate Window (is CHECKED)
2. During debugging I cannot change anything at all.
On other versions I could make certain changes to things while debugging. In this version of VS I get an "Edit and Continue" titled window with -
Changes are not allowed in the following cases
- When the debugger has been attached to an already running process
- The code being debugged was optimized at build or runtime
- The assembly being debugged is loaded as domain neutral
- The assembly being loaded was loaded through reflection
By default the other Versions would allow this. I could have even been working on the same code.