Trying to access my database on another computer on my LAN. I have MS SQL 2008 R2 Express installed in Windows 7 64-bit.
I have the following settings:
- both Windows Authentication and SQL Server Auth Enabled
- SQL Server Browser service running (Automatic) and "Log On As" LocalService
I have tried the following:
- Verified "Allow Remote Connections" is enabled in Server Management Studio
- tried to connect with both the direct IP and server computer name on client machine
- In Server Config Manager, Enabled all protocols for Database
- Also in Protocols: TCP/IP properties Enabled all IP Addresses
- Allow TCP Port 1433 through Firewall
- Allow UDP Port 1434 through Firewall
- Allow SQL Browser EXE through firewall
- Allow SQL Server EXE through Firewall
- Even tried with Firewall turned off
I've been combing google for hours, and still no luck. I am able to connect and use the database locally on the server, just not with any other client machine on the network.