This is happening on a customer site. I'm trying to use FileSystemObject on a Win7 PC to see if a file exists. If I use the mapped drive, a good filename returns false, UNC returns true. I also tried an old method:
Dir(CStr(Filename)) <> ""
I tested this at home and I don't have a problem. Yet, I have a workgroup based network.
The customer's Win7 PC is on a domain. I do have administrative rights on that domain but mapped drive still fails. Note: UAC is turned off.
They never had a Vista PC. Just starting to deploy Win7. Previous version (Win XP) does not have the problem.
Looks like some type of Win7 rights issue, but not sure.
Function lbf_FileExist(strFileName As String) As Boolean
Set ofso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
' Check for file and return appropriate result
If ofso.FileExists(strFileName) Then
lbf_FileExist = True
lbf_FileExist = False