During the course of doing some troubleshooting to one our exchange accounts, we deleted and recreated the user (and mailbox). This intrododuced a new problem receiving emails from internal staff.
I can send an external email in fine but an internal one generates the error below. I've tried using Outlook autocomplete, GAL, typing in the email address and always get the message below. Note that the bounce says sgardham@ whereas the default address is steve.gardham@. Both are valid email addresses for that account though.
I've removed the disconnected mailbox via the management shell and restarted all exchange services.
The original problem was scanning to that mailbox but I dont think its related to this, this is something new I've introduced!
The recipient's e-mail address was not found in the recipient's e-mail system. Microsoft Exchange will not try to redeliver this message for you. Please check the e-mail address and try resending this message, or provide the following diagnostic text to your system administrator.
Sent by Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
Diagnostic information for administrators:
Generating server: FP-SERVER1.mycompany.local
#550 5.1.1 RESOLVER.ADR.ExRecipNotFound; not found ##
Original message headers:
Received: from FP-SERVER1.mycompany.local ([fe80::3ca4:5a46:85f5:9af2]) by
FP-SERVER1.mycompany.local ([fe80::3ca4:5a46:85f5:9af2%10]) with mapi; Wed,
8 Sep 2010 14:26:37 +0100
Content-Type: application/ms-tnef; name="winmail.dat"
From: Phil Bewers <email@example.com>
To: Steve Gardham
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 14:26:33 +0100
Accept-Language: en-US, en-GB