1) As mentioned before, I am looking for an excel based or highly compatible program that would allow me to enter city and state info or even address info that would automatically or semi-automatically populate a map that would be updated in excel or that would be easily transferable into excel (2003, 07, 10).
2) Mappoint is highly functional, but is very bulky and not oriented towards marketing. I am looking for something that incorporates some of the functionality of Mappoint, but with greater marketing appeal (see attached picture).
3) I need AK and HI to be on the same map as the US (as in the attached picture). Or I need to be able to incorporate separate, smaller maps on the same page in excel that show AK and HI.
4) In addition to pinpointing cities, I would like to be able to easily adjust pinpoint labels that show up on a map by simply adjusting the underlying info in excel (much like labels on a graph auto adjust when the column headings are changed in excel).
5) Finally, I would like to be able to adjust state colors by demographic information--much like a heatmap function--again, this would be tied to excel data and would auto adjust based on that data. Ideally, I would like to be able to zoom in as far as zip codes, but recognize this is a stretch compared to states or cities.