I'm trying to move a copy of our current SharePoint 2007 site to a new server that will be hosting SharePoint 2010. I'm getting an error when I try to attach the SharePoint 2007 database to SharePoint 2010.
I'm trying to run stsadm -o addcontentdb -url http://
<servername> -databasename SharePoint_2010_Test -databaseserver <servername>
When running that I get the follwoing error
"The server instance specified was not found. Please specify the servers address and port"
This is a Virtual Server running in Microsoft Hyper-V with Server 2008R2 Enterprise with SQL Server 2008R2 installed.
Here are the steps we performed to get this far
1. backup existing content DB from SharePoint 2007 Server
2. copy file to SharePoint 2010 server
3. Install SharePoint 2010
4. Created new site collection in 2010
5. Went to central admin removed new site collection web db
6. Tried using stsadm to add new content DB into SharePoint 2010
and that's when I'm getting the error from above.