Ok, this is a really odd one, but hopefully someone can help.
Our users all use Lotus Notes 7.0.3 on Windows XP SP3 and connect to Domino 7 servers.
In the past month or so, 2 of our users (in different offices and connected to different servers) have had the problem outlined below:
1. User creates email
2. User attaches specific Word document to email
3. User sends email externally
4. User later goes into sent items to reference something from the document attachment.
5. Upon opening the attachment, the contents of the file are wrong and in no way represent what was sent out.
6. Upon checking our journal, and the received external email, the correct attachment is present.
When I say the contents are wrong, I don't mean they are corrupted, I mean they are legible paragraphs of text, or email conversations, which are unfamiliar to the users in question.
When looking in their c:\documents & settings\username\local settings\temp\notesxxxx folder on both occassions there has been a copy of the file attachment (same name, date etc) with the same dodgy content. We are assuming that these files ahve been created when the user has gone back into their sent items and then opened the file, although we can't prove that either way.
If we delete said temp file and then open the file in the sent email, it's still the bad content.
We are at a complete loss with this one, so if anyone has any suggestions or has come across this before then I'd love to hear from you!