I just upgraded to Exchange 2007 SP3 (Windows 2003 R2 SP2). However, OWA is no longer working properly on 192.168.0.5 (setup prior to SP3, used for WAN external clients via firewall port forwarding) but it is working properly on 192.168.0.4 (Default Web Site, used for LAN clients). Basically, I want to create a new OwaVirtualDirectory for 192.168.0.5 (I'm assuming this is allowed).
Get-OwaVirtualDirectory - The task was not able to connect to IIS on the server 'server.somewhere.com' Ensure that the server exists and is reachable. RPC Server is unavailable.
Background: I have restarted IIS multiple times. After issuing get-owavirtualdirectory, I had about 6 entries, which (because I've had related problems since 2007 due to this, and on a suggestion from an MS Tech) I removed all existing entries with remove-owavirtualdirectory -identity "BLAH BLAH". Afterwards, the RPC error started appearing. Now if I issue a
New-OwaVirtualDirectory "SERVER1\Mobile," I get this:
The virtual directory 'owa' already exists under "server.somewhere.com/Default Web Site"