Hello, I have been trying to deploy Windows XP captured Image to other computer systems such as dell and HP, but it does not work after image has been applied. Windows 7 works great, but windows XP is the one I am having lots of problems with during deployment.
This is that I have done:
1. I have deployed and captured the Windows XP SP3 OS with SCCM. This particular system's HAL is an 'ACPI Uniprocessor' the model is a Compaq nc6220. It does not have a SATA HD, but rather an IDE HD
2. I have captured the image with success and added it to the 'Operating System Images' in SCCM.
If I deploy this image to the same system and/or a similar model ex. Compaq nc6110, the image works great and the task completes successfully.
The problem I am having is that if I deploy this same image to any other system with the same HAL Type (ACPI Uniprocessor) and same hard drive type (IDE), it fails every time. The image applies successfully, but after it reboots I get a blue screen and/or just keeps rebooting itself back to: We apologize for the incovenience, Windows did not start successfully.....
What I have tried is:
1. I have tried to install mass storage drivers, but it is an IDE HD so I did not think I should need any drivers since the Image was captured from an IDE HD system. The mass storage drivers I have tried to install anyways during the task sequence process are the '82801FB Ultra ATA Storage Controller' but it seems that this does not do anything. 82801FB Ultra ATA Storage Controller is the Controller it shows when I re-install Windows XP normal: with a regular Windows XP installtion Disc. The model of this particular system is a DELL D810
2. I have also added this storage driver to the boot image, and still no success.
3. I have also added a sysprep.inf file hoping it will install the mass storage drivers and still no success. The sysprep.inf file is shown below.
4. I have also attached the log file. The log file shows that a lot of drivers failed. I don't think the Mass Storage driver is installing during deployment or I am doing something wrong.
Your help is deeply appreciated. I don't know if there is a special way to deploy XP or a trick to it. But I think that problem I have is that Mass Storage drivers I am not sure why everytime I get a blue screen. I am stuck here and don't know where to go. I have tried to do as much research online as possible but none of the tricks seem to work. Thank you