Many documents are replicated, for no good reason
Posted on 2010-09-14
- one database X
- two servers, A and B, two different Domino domains
- one Notes client PC
- there's a replica of X on A and B, and on the client
- the servers don't replicate, they're not cross-certified
- the client is certified in both domains
- the client replicates often (in the background) with server A, to test modifications to the design
- every now and then, the client replicates with server B
- as long as the client replicates with 1 server, replication is fast
- once the client switches to the other server and does a manual replication, many documents seem to have been modified (50%)
I assume it's not a rights issue, since both servers are in the ACL as Manager and the user is Manager as well.
2. Solution, except from cross-certifying both servers??
Some day the servers will be cross-certified, but I want to make sure that they don't keep on replicating the same documents over and over again...