I have a fresh build of Server 2008 R2 with Exchange 2010 SP1 loaded. I have checked and re-checked all the prereqs, and have loaded my send connector for the internet (address space = * ). I thought that my ISP might be blocking outgoing mail so I changed the port as well. I see all my messages in the queue, they just won't go. I have no problems logging into OWA and receiving mail from various sources, but cannot send. I don't get any bounce backs or other errors that I can see. I've used the testexchangeconnectity site, and the SMTP tests reveal:
ExRCA is attempting to find the SPF record using a DNS TEXT record query.
ExRCA wasn't able to find the SPF record.
Other than that, I'm out of ideas- thanks for your insight!