Solved

Cannot Access Outlook Web Access after resetting exchange virtual directories

Posted on 2010-09-14
4
660 Views
Last Modified: 2012-05-10
Hi,

I Have a windows 2003 SBS SP2 (exchange 2003).

Recently we noticed that users were unable to connect using mobile devices as domain.com/oma did not return a page. I have had this same problem occur with another client and performing steps outlined in this article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883380 to reset exchange virtual directories had worked for me before, unfortunately in this instance i am now unable to access Outlook Web Access despite the virtual directories rebuilding exactly as they should. I have confirmed that ExchWeb has anonymous authentication enabled but i'm unsure whether it is worth while running through the rebuild process again or which direction i should go next. Any help getting Outlook Web Access working again would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
0
Comment
Question by:ITLtech
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
4 Comments
 
LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:knightfrank
ID: 33678526
Hi,

When browsing to the OWA directory in IE do you recieve any errors or status messages?

Thanks

Russ

http://www.technicaltribulations.com
0
 
LVL 26

Expert Comment

by:e_aravind
ID: 33678556
when trying to do an explicit login https://servername/exchange/mailboxuser...what is the result?
when  you try to access https://servername/public.....do you get any response?

Check on IIS Logs for any status codes.

Note:
In mobile devices when configuring Exchange Active Sync, we need to provide the servername or URL
not the URL/oma.
0
 
LVL 4

Expert Comment

by:kenycl
ID: 33679135
try doing a test from this online test tool and see what you get

https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/
0
 

Accepted Solution

by:
ITLtech earned 0 total points
ID: 33679376
thanks for you comments - turns out that there is another site using port 443 so i have swapped OWA over to port 80 in the meantime which has allowed me to access it again.
0

Featured Post

Industry Leaders: We Want Your Opinion!

We value your feedback.

Take our survey and automatically be enter to win anyone of the following:
Yeti Cooler, Amazon eGift Card, and Movie eGift Card!

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Mailbox Overload?
This article will help to fix the below errors for MS Exchange Server 2013 I. Certificate error "name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site" II. Out of Office not working III. Make Internal URLs and Externa…
In this Micro Video tutorial you will learn the basics about Database Availability Groups and How to configure one using a live Exchange Server Environment. The video tutorial explains the basics of the Exchange server Database Availability grou…
This video shows how to remove a single email address from the Outlook 2010 Auto Suggestion memory. NOTE: For Outlook 2016 and 2013 perform the exact same steps. Open a new email: Click the New email button in Outlook. Start typing the address: …

705 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question