Solved

Remote Web & OWA - Windows SBS 2008

Posted on 2010-09-15
4
660 Views
Last Modified: 2012-05-10
Remote Web & OWA has been working fine for over 3 months.

Suddenly today when I try to acess https://mail.dentalserve.net/owa or https://mail.dentalserve.net/owa. ExternallyI receive a message "Internet Explorer Cannot display the webpage"

However internally on the network I am able to successfully access https://mail.dentalserve.net/owa or https://mail.dentalserve.net/owa.

How has this problem occured out of the blue ? How can it be fixed ?

Thanks

Dall
0
Comment
Question by:BhanaD2
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 2
  • 2
4 Comments
 
LVL 8

Expert Comment

by:Kruger_monkey
ID: 33680764
What have you got between internal and external?  Router with port forwards?  Direct access ?  firewall ? etc.

Sounds like your pointer to the exchange server may be broken.  If you have a port re-direct then verify it is still in place.  Check firewalls etc.

Has any equipment/settings/software changed recently?  Specifically WAN/LAN equipment or security software on the exchange server?
0
 

Author Comment

by:BhanaD2
ID: 33681699
I have a netgear Prosafe DGFV338 VPN ADSL Router. Firewalled

Inbound Ports 443, 80 and 987 are already opned and directed to the server IP.
No equipment has been changed
0
 
LVL 8

Expert Comment

by:Kruger_monkey
ID: 33683472
I have just tested and clicking on your https://mail.dentalserve.net/owa link I get presented with an OWA login page.  Whatever teh problem was seems to have resolved, has your router been restarted since the problem?  It may just have been a router issue.  If it was working internally but not externally the problem is normally DNS, port redirection or internet access.

dentalserver.JPG
0
 

Accepted Solution

by:
BhanaD2 earned 0 total points
ID: 33724611
Problem was resolved the domain provider added an additional MX record fro some reason.
I asked the provider to remove the additional MX record, this resolved the problem.

Regards

Dal
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: ZipGrep

ZipGrep is a utility that can list and search zip (.war, .ear, .jar, etc) archives for text patterns, without the need to extract the archive's contents.

One of a set of tools we're offering as a way to say thank you for being a part of the community.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Suggested Solutions

A lot of problems and solutions are available on the net for the error message "Source server does not meet minimum requirements for migration" while performing a migration from Small Business Server 2003 to SBS 2008. This error pops up just before …
Because virtualization becomes more and more common, and, with Microsoft Hyper-V included in Windows Server at no additional costs, and, most server hardware nowadays is more than capable of running a physical Small Business Server (SBS) 2008 or 201…
Nobody understands Phishing better than an anti-spam company. That’s why we are providing Phishing Awareness Training to our customers. According to a report by Verizon, only 3% of targeted users report malicious emails to management. With compan…
I've attached the XLSM Excel spreadsheet I used in the video and also text files containing the macros used below. https://filedb.experts-exchange.com/incoming/2017/03_w12/1151775/Permutations.txt https://filedb.experts-exchange.com/incoming/201…

751 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question