I hope some one can help as I have had many hours of frustration on this one. I have recently updated to Exchange 2007sp2 and ever since we have had real email problems. Currently we are unable to receive emails.
Our MX records were set to send mail directly to our mail server, and previously was working fine.
The error message in the log is
"An error occurred while delivering mail to '**@sflgroup.co.uk' on the SMTP server 'localhost'. The error code was 0x800ccc6c. Verify that the mailbox exists and that the Exchange receive connectors are configured properly."
The mailbox exists and I have created new ones and checked these too.
The default receive connector is enabled and settings are as pasted below. i thought last night I had fixed it by also selecting Anonymous users under the permissions group ticking. I received some in tests but now nothing.
In case it is related I will explain my problem 2.
In case of problem with our server I had set up a Google Apps account to catch our mail when we had a problem or our server was down. Then the POP3 connector within SBS 2008 would download these messages and deliver - this too is not working and may be related (although the error message doesn't suggest so)
An error occurred while accessing the mailbox for user '**@sflgroup.co.uk' on the POP3 server 'pop.gmail.com'. The error code was 0x80004005. Verify that the server and account settings are correct, and that the internet connection is functioning properly.
Here is some system info
SBS 2008 SP2 - this is our Domain controller and Mail server
Exchange 2007 SP2
Please note our MX records have all now been pointed to Gmail as a temp fix.