The PDC DC in the domain has since yesterday started having the clock run slow. Example - 15 seconds is really 28 seconds. We have removed the updates that were applied just before this all happened, first we applied the updates of the 15th (we release them in batches), then all this happened. so the next day we applied to apply the system updates, and we hoped it would correct the ntp issue from the night before -
on the 15th (these are mostly IE updates)
on the 16th (these are mostly Win updates)
We have set the clock to an external source at University of Toronto but as it sync's the clock is still running slow. This DC is a VM so it shouln't be the BIOS battery is dieing.