Feedback on what is Range for Competive Pricing for Setup of Windows Server 2008 SBS Standard
Posted on 2010-09-16
I am trying to determine what might be a rough estimate range of price to charge to setup a Windows Server 2008 SBS Standard. The location for the Setup would be Midwest of US. Also any tips on how to find out what the "going rate" is for such Server setup and delivery jobs from small business (5 to 20 users). Typcially these jobs are for small business that have deciced they want to move from just desktops to a Server based setup using Windows Server 2008 SBS...
In addition to a rough estimate on price range for this setup and delivery test of new Server 2008 SBS Standard also roughly how many hours may be involved in the job. The Seup of the Winserver 2008 SBS listed below is about as basic as you can get I think.
Here are some other basic details of the potential setup:
- The setup would be for a Small Business with 5 to 10 Windows 7 Desktops. User login accounts setup for 5 to 10 users etc..
- The Server hardware would be an entry level Dell Server for Small Business loaded with
Windows Server 2008 SBS Standard.
- The setup would only be for file and printer sharing (1 LaserJet printer on LAN) and NOT have Exchange, Sharepoint or any Web hosting, etc..
- The setup would include setting up server backups and testing
- The setup would include setting up Server small busines Antivirus Program (installs on Server and the Deksotps) with Centrral managment and testing.
-- For hardware firewall I woud probalby use at SonicWall TZ100 etc..for such a small business.
- The current user data on one of the WIndows 7 Pro Desktops would be moved to the Server and share folders setup to access the data on the Server.
- The Desktops would just be using back Office 2007 programs.
-- Email would be thru Outlook 2007 to existing company web site with IMAP email accounts (no Exchange server used).
-- No program are run off the server.
-- Setup VPN to access work LAN when away.
-- Setup a Gigabit LAN using smartswitch and hook into existing wireless network.
-- Provde documentation, list of deliverables, some basic user training, etc..
I would want the price to include doing a complete job and not just the quickest cheapest way... I realize it does take a fair amount of up front planning, discuession with customer and delivery, test and acceptance to do the job correctly...