I've been having problems in Access 2003, which I use as front-end connection to a SQL 2005 server, with the following error message - "Data provider could not be initialized". The message pops up every few hours. I tried to catch it On Error events in all forms in my project, and sequentially suppress it. This did not work, I mean, the error is not caught on this event.
I also tried to tune up SQL server settings connected to a new feature in SQL 2005 to poll, discover, and clean up disconnected sessions (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/sqldataaccess/thread/47d2df0a-0f32-41f8-a5b2-6d8d656d3271/
). Although It seems that I receive now fewer error messages, it did not solve the problem. Two other threads here were not helpful: