Basic Checkpoint Firewall Configurations
Posted on 2010-09-17
I have to certify new checkpoint boxes being installed. I am more used to the Cisco / Juniper configurations. I am using DISA as my baseline. We have SPLAT (secure platform) and then the firewalls themselves. I have the SPLAT configurations (which look reasonable from a DISA standpoint), but I do not have the firewall configurations. All I have are the firewall rules from checkpoint. For the configuration, I want to know (for example) the following;
1. Are DOS rules configured?
2. Is the firewall patched to the latest stable OS?
3. Does it have AAA installed?
4. Does SSH have incomplete connections shutting down after 15 minutes.
4. SNMP settings.
5. The accounts on the firewalls themselves.
6. When logging into the firewall, can alerts be set up?
etc. All thoughts and opinions are appreciated. I don't fully understand the Checkpoint architecture.