?
Solved

Android Connection to Exchange 2003 Not Working

Posted on 2010-09-17
5
Medium Priority
?
996 Views
Last Modified: 2012-05-10
I manage a SBS 2003 box.  Many users connect to it using mobile devices like iPhone, WM6 and Android.  No one has any issues.  I have one user who has a Droid by Verizon phone who just can't receive her own email via her phone (she can send mail but no receive).  

* I tried my own mailbox on her Android phone and she can see everything in the inbox and send mail, as me.  
* I tried her mailbox from my Android phone and I can see her mail and send mail as her.
* When I try her mailbox on her droid phone she cannot see her mail but she can send just fine.

I have to completely delete one Exchange account from an Android phone to recreate it (for the same or different user) so it's not like one accounts settings could be affecting another account.
0
Comment
Question by:pootergeek
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 3
5 Comments
 
LVL 6

Assisted Solution

by:Joshua_Peters
Joshua_Peters earned 200 total points
ID: 33704830
It could have something to do with the SSL certificate. We had one that was self signed and it worked fine with Android 2.1. Then Verizon released the 2.2 update and we couldn't connect even though the check box that said allow all security certificates. We went ahead and got a valid SSL but I think they released a patch to fix the security settings.
0
 

Author Comment

by:pootergeek
ID: 33704854
Server has a valid certificate.  Also, the same phone works with any other mailbox on the system, just not the one belonging to the user who owns the phone.  Problem is specific to that particular phone and ONLY one particular mailbox.  It's driving me nuts.
0
 

Assisted Solution

by:viper112
viper112 earned 200 total points
ID: 33705366
A general solution for problems dealing with a specific user sometimes are resolved by disconnecting the mailbox and recreating the user in AD. Once recreated the users mailbox can be reattached.
0
 

Accepted Solution

by:
pootergeek earned 0 total points
ID: 33705411
Well.  I tried it one more time and it is working now.  The only thing I had the user do was to reduce the size of her mailbox which had gone over 1GB.  That was purely on instinct.  

Still, another user with 1.5GB mailbox receives mail on her Android phone just fine.  

It makes no sense.
0
 

Author Comment

by:pootergeek
ID: 33705660
I'm awarding some points to both participants since both were valid actions to take in such a situation.
0

Featured Post

Are your AD admin tools letting you down?

Managing Active Directory can get complicated.  Often, the native tools for managing AD are just not up to the task.  The largest Active Directory installations in the world have relied on one tool to manage their day-to-day administration tasks: Hyena. Start your trial today.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

There are times when we need to generate a report on the inbox rules, where users have set up forwarding externally in their mailbox. In this article, I will be sharing a script I wrote to generate the report in CSV format.
One-stop solution for Exchange Administrators to address all MS Exchange Server issues, which is known by the name of Stellar Exchange Toolkit.
how to add IIS SMTP to handle application/Scanner relays into office 365.
Exchange organizations may use the Journaling Agent of the Transport Service to archive messages going through Exchange. However, if the Transport Service is integrated with some email content management application (such as an antispam), the adminiā€¦
Suggested Courses

719 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question