I have a small test environment running the following components:
server 2008 standard configured as dc in a vm environment as guest with name dc-2k8
xp-client as a vm guest
xp-client xp-sp3 with all updates
w7 client with all updates
logged into the domain weilaender.at on the dc-2k8
The problem is now that I found only the w7 client in the ad, the xp clients are missing.
I can ping from the clients to the server and vice versa via dns-name dc-2k8.
On the clients I have made static address, dns points to the server and all stations are connected to the domain.
If I do an nslookup from the w7 client: nslookup dc-2k8
Address: 192.168.90.200 (the adress of the dc)
XP-Clients: I try to translate from german
*** Name of the server for the address 192.168.90.200 could not be found
non existant domain
*** Standardserver are not available
It seems to be a dns problem but I have no idea whats wrong in the configuration of the PCs