Posted on 2010-09-20
Hi, been having this problem with Project 2007. Have put everything into sub-headings to hopefully make it easier to understand the nature of the issue... I'm a bit torn and have struggled to find the same problem referred to anywhere else... Any help would be much appreciated!
User recently had Microsoft Project 2007 installed (though standard Office 2003 build)
- User cannot open MS Project 2003 .MPP file by double-clicking it
- Error message when file double-clicked: "C:/<filepath>/<file>.mpp is not a valid Win32 application"
Unsuccessful Fix Efforts
- Changing file associations does not fix by GUI or cmdline, .MPP has no file associations with it
- "2007 Microsoft Office component" displayed instead of Microsoft Project 2007 in the 'Open With' dialog; browsing to find the "WINPROJ.EXE" executable in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12" folder does not work either.
Sort of workaround, but not ideal...
- Can open file by opening the program first and doing a 'File -> Open', though .MPP files (a Project 2003 file) ought to be associated with Project 2007
This has been taken from another reader i am having exactly the same issue with the same results hopefully some one here can provide a answer as the qustion was abandoned at a previous site .
Thanks in adavance