Information on corrugated cardboard?
Posted on 2010-09-21
I am wondering if anyone knows about any books, websites, or other resources that provide detailed technical information about cardboard (corrugated cardboard in particular). One that would cover, at minimum:
- how corrugated cardboard is constructed
- nomenclature associated with cardboard
- cardboard quality considerations
- what kind of glue is used to keep the layers of cardboard together
- how cardboard strength/weight is measured, by component
- tips on using it (perhaps cardboard type best suited for a given application)
- any other technical info on cardboard
I have tried to find info on this, but there seem to be no thorough sources dedicated to the subject. Perhaps some sort of general "construction materials" book would have info on this? But I wouldn't know which one... I found some short "howstuffworks" video on how cardboard is manufactured, but that's about it, and it's not enough.
Would appreciate any guidance. Thanks.