Help MS Reporting Services: Value does not fall within the expected range" error
Posted on 2010-09-22
A customer's DBA rcently moved MS SQL Server 2005 DB files belong to our database from LUN to another last week. This customer has MS reporting services 2005 installed and a report server configured, that contain reports reporting on data from that database. The report server database is also on that DB server, which is local to that machine.
Since our database files were moved, none of the reports work via the report server. I get the following error:
Value does not fall within the expected range" error
It is like the report server has lost it's connection with its database.
Points to observe:
1. MS SQL Server 2005 database is up and running fine.
2. The Report Server DB files were NOT moved, just the DB files belong to our database that the reports report from.
3. The reports execute fine within Visual Studio Development environment, but fail when deployed.
4. I tried re-deploying them again but they still fail with the same error.
5. All database, IIS and reporting services services are running. I tried re-starting them all and nothing changed.
6. Reporting Services Configuration reports that all is ok.
I have no idea what else to do. Can anyone help? All was working fine until our database files were moved to the new drive. Coincidence?