I have a .NET website that is approximately 25GB in size and becaus of this I do not have a full local copy for testing purposes. I need to add a DLL that connects to a webservice. And then reference the webservice and use it in a new page. I need to do this by hand and not publish through .NET.
When I try it fails and I get a CS0246 Error message (missing reference). Basically I'm trying to add a single page with code behind to a website by hand. This is what I've done:
1. Checked Spelling - it's all good
2. Added a using statement (the using statement is where it is failing!)
3. Added a <@ Register Assembly statement to the page
4. Put the dll in the BIN folder
5. Checked that it is an application - I have other DLL's and they are working
Any other ideas.... is there somewhere else I have to tell the application that the DLL is usable?