I need to move a Windows SharePoint Services 2 environment on a hosted Windows 2003 server to a Windows SharePoint 3 environment on a Windows 2008 server located at a different hosting company. I am a Network Engineer who's new to SharePoint. I'm not a developer in any way so scripting and editing code will be difficult to accomplish.
- Single server in the farm with a single Site Collection
- Single content database with a single config database
- Content database is about 14GB and config is about 2MB
- Storage is not a concern
- NO 3rd party tools are installed
- AD pass-through integration is NOT configured; users have to login using the domain account when accessing SharePoint
- URL to access the site will remain the same
- Source and Destination servers have different names and are in different domains
- WSS 3 is already installed on the destination server and a site collection has been created; no data has been added and no configuration has been done on it
I keep reading conflicting instructions on this process so I'm not really sure what the proper process is. Some say I only need the move the content database. Some say I need to upgrade to WSS 3 on the source server first. Some say I need to use the default web.config file on the destination server and customize it for the SharePoint environment that's brought over from the source server.
I'm lost in a sea of information comprised of bits and pieces of information. Does anyone have a complete step by step list from start to finish on how to accomplish what I need to do here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Network Monitoring is essential to ensure that computer systems and network devices are running. Use PRTG to monitor LANs, servers, websites, applications and devices, bandwidth, virtual environments, remote systems, IoT, and many more. PRTG is easy to set up & use.
Note: There are two main ways to deploy InfoPath forms: Server-side and directly through the SharePoint site. Deploying a server-side InfoPath form means the form is approved by the Administrator, thus allowing greater functionality in the form. …
I thought I'd write this up for anyone who has a request to create an anonymous whistle-blower-type submission form created using SharePoint 2010 (this would probably work the same for 2013). It's not 100% fool-proof but it's as close as you can get…
Email security requires an ever evolving service that stays up to date with counter-evolving threats. The Email
Laundry perform Research and Development to ensure their email security service evolves faster than cyber criminals. We apply our Threat…
Finds all prime numbers in a range requested and places them in a public primes() array. I've demostrated a template size of 30 (2 * 3 * 5) but larger templates can be built such 210 (2 * 3 * 5 * 7) or 2310 (2 * 3 * 5 * 7 * 11).
The larger templa…