I need to move a Windows SharePoint Services 2 environment on a hosted Windows 2003 server to a Windows SharePoint 3 environment on a Windows 2008 server located at a different hosting company. I am a Network Engineer who's new to SharePoint. I'm not a developer in any way so scripting and editing code will be difficult to accomplish.
- Single server in the farm with a single Site Collection
- Single content database with a single config database
- Content database is about 14GB and config is about 2MB
- Storage is not a concern
- NO 3rd party tools are installed
- AD pass-through integration is NOT configured; users have to login using the domain account when accessing SharePoint
- URL to access the site will remain the same
- Source and Destination servers have different names and are in different domains
- WSS 3 is already installed on the destination server and a site collection has been created; no data has been added and no configuration has been done on it
I keep reading conflicting instructions on this process so I'm not really sure what the proper process is. Some say I only need the move the content database. Some say I need to upgrade to WSS 3 on the source server first. Some say I need to use the default web.config file on the destination server and customize it for the SharePoint environment that's brought over from the source server.
I'm lost in a sea of information comprised of bits and pieces of information. Does anyone have a complete step by step list from start to finish on how to accomplish what I need to do here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
When installing SharePoint 2010 RTM I came across a strange error, I was getting timeouts during the installation.
I searched the web and found the best solution to be found here (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepoint2010genera…
There is one common problem that all we SharePoint developers share: custom solution deployment.
This topic can't be covered fully in this short article, so all I want to do in this one is to review it from a development-to-operations perspectiv…
This video shows how to quickly and easily deploy an email signature for all users in Office 365 and prevent it from being added to replies and forwards. (the resulting signature is applied on the server level in Exchange Online)
The email signat…