Just deployed BES Express 5.1 in Exchange 2007 environment. Having major issue with Enterprise Activation as it keeps saying "connecting to server" for several minutes before failing. This devices have existing BIS account and other data so I am reluctant to wipe it first. Below is the checklist of what I have done so far.
1 BESAdmin account is a local admin on the BES server box
2. BESAdmin is a ViewOnlyAdministrator on exchange env.
3. BESAdmin has "send as" rights on user accounts whose BB is being activated.
4. Auto email from BB.net to user inbox is successfully sent
5. Actication password cane be successfully sent to user inbox
6. manually assigned activation password without success.
Validated in Blackberry support site (with device's PIN and Serial) that device can be successfully activated.
I am clueless about BB's instructions below regarding activating w/ desktop manager
"Perform the following steps to Enterprise Activate your device.
Launch BlackBerry Desktop Manager
The "Server Status" must appear as "Online" <---- where the heck is this?
Connect your BlackBerry device your computer (wait for detection)
If you have no associated device you will be prompted to create an encryption key.
If you are connecting a different device you will be prompted to change your device".
Any advise is appreciated.