I need to allow a new domain group to check out and check in files in the project. This is what I have done so far:
1. I added the domain group to Contributors by going to Team Explorer, right-click, Team Project Settings, Group Membership (this is the same as the domain group that can check out and in).
2. I then went to the Source Control Explorer on that project, right-clicked > properties > Security and gave the new domain group the same permissions as the domain group that can check out and in. I also noticed for some reason this was using domain groups rather than TFS groups, so I did the same for Contributors just in case.
3. Verified that the user is a member of that domain group.
4. Check out was still grayed out for the new user.
5. I then explicitly added that users domain login to Contributors and to Security on the project in Source Control Explorer (Steps 1 - 2 above)
6. Check out was still grayed out for the new user.
Is there a permission I need to grant at a higher level than the project? Am I missing something?