Our Novell GroupWise 7 Post Office Agents are sending a couple if Gigabytes of SOAP traffic to our BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.1.7 on a daily basis, this seems to be proportional to the amount of users per site.
Example (for the last 24 hours - report from our NetFlow Analyzer Server):
(1) Head Office WAN Link SOAP traffic to BES Server = 3.70 GB (39 BlackBerry users)
(2) Second WAN Link SOAP traffic to BES Server = 3.69 GB (35 BlackBerry users)
(3) 3rd WAN Link SOAP traffic to BES Server = 2.26 GB (20 BlackBerry users)
(4) 4th WAN Link SOAP traffic to BES Server = 847 MB (6 BlackBerry users)
(5) 5th WAN Link SOAP traffic to BES Server = 487 MB (11 BlackBerry users)
(6) 6th WAN Link SOAP traffic to BES Server = 0 MB ( 0 BlackBerry users)
My understanding is that a GroupWise POA will only forward the message headers to the BES Server which in turns forwards it to the BlackBerry Smarphones and only when a user specifically requestes to retrieve an attachment on his/her phone it will send the request via the BES Server to the GroupWise Post Office Agent to get the attachment.
This seems not to be the case as it looks like the GroupWise POA's are forwarding the entire e-mail messages to the BES Server and only from there the headers are forwarded to the phones.
Could someone please confirm that this is indeed the case which will explain the huge volumes of traffic sent from our POA's over our WAN Links to the BES Server and also if there's any config that can be changed to reduce the traffic between the POA's and BES Server?
Thank you kindly.