We have a windows 2008 server and have recently replaced all of our XP workstations with windows 7 ones. Server is an IBM x3650 series and workstations are top range Lenovo M58's
Since changing the workstations we have found that any updates on our accounting system are extremely slow when run from the workstation. About 1/6 of the speed when run on XP or directly on the server. We are running Kaspersky AV. We have tried stopping the AV and both Win7 and windows 2008 firewalls but none of this makes any difference. The one thing that has a dramatic impact is if we switch off the zywall 35UTM firewall. (found this by accident when its power failed) When the firewall powered off the win 7 workstation updates run as expected - quickly!
I ma hoping for some help with which way to go to try and troubleshoot this problems as it is only the global updates/ file expansion jobs that seem to be affected on the accounts system. General email and office apps appear to be running correcly