My customer's Server recently stopped POSTing.
It has been working for a few years prior to this issue
The motherboard is an Intel S5000VSA w/ an SC5299BRP chassis
When the server is plugged in:
- the server enables standby / diagnostic mode
- the PSU fan turns on - the top led turns solid green
- the 4th front indicator LED from the top (triangle w/ an exclamation point inside) briefly flashes green & red then turns solid green
- the system status LED (upper left most portion of the motherboard - under the PS/2 connectors) briefly flashes yellow & green then turns solid green
When I push the power button on the front:
- the system doesn't start up
- the 1st PSU LED that was green turns off - the 2nd PSU LED that was off turns red
- after a brief period, the 4th front indicator LED that was solid green starts flashing green
- the system status LED also flashes green
I've currently stripped the Server to the core hardware - CPU, 1 stick of RAM, PSU, motherboard.
I've tried all 3 Memory DIMMs separately.
Sadly, the first time I did this earlier, the Server did boot. It continued to boot with all the other hardware included, until I added the case fan, then it reverted back to this issue.
I tried using a different case fan, and then removed all the additional hardware. It hasn't booted since.
Does anyone know what's causing this?
CORE HARDWARE SPECS:
Intel S5000VSA Motherboard
Intel SC5299BRP Chassis
HIPRO HP-Q6100XC 610W Power Supply
Xeon CPU (don't know the exact model) in Processor 1 socket
Processor 2 socket empty
Intel socket 771 stock Heatsink / Fan
4GB Kingston PC2-5300F DDR2-667 ECC Fully Buffered Memory (1 2GB DIMM, 2 1GB DIMMs)