I am a novice when it comes to Flash or ActionScript. I have a Flash presentation that I need to password protect based on some sort of algorithm. This is what I need to accomplish:
1. The user opens a flash presentation (either through a web page or from a download).
2. The viewer sees a welcome screen and are prompted to either "login" or "register"
3. If the user clicks login, it goes to the login page. If the user clicks register the viewer sees a registration screen.
4. The viewer will enter their name, address, contact information and email address.
5. The viewer will click on the submit button.
6. The viewer will then be instructed to check their email for a password (or ask their administrator). Then asked to click on "login"
7. The viewer will then enter their email address as their username and their password.
8. The presentation will launch.
The issue is that I want the flexibility of the flash presentation not having to access a database of usernames and passwords. In fact, I do not want there to be a need for the viewer to even be on-line (i.e. they may be provided the flash presentation on CD-ROM or other media).
Therefore, the validation for the password should be some sort of algorithm based on the user's email address (user name). The algorithm should probably trim all characters that are not letters or numbers and base the password on that "trimmed" username.
Can anyone help me? I would very much appreciate it! Thank you.