I had a working self signed certificate expire on my 2003 Exchange server used for OWA. I tried to renew the certificate (which worked) and deleting the certificate all together and starting from scratch. The new certificate shows it expires 10/14/2010 and the common name is correct.
Internally it works, but if you try from outside our network there are problems. I cleared out my certificates in IE8. When I try I get the "There is a problem with this site....". I continue, and am prompted to log in, but when I put in my credentials, I get the error "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.
Firefox has a problem but CAN access it. I get the Authentication Required like expected. Nothing I put in will take. At that point if I hit <escape>, I get the prompt a username and password are being requested by https://webmail.mysite.com. The site says: "webmail.mysite.com". Then if I put in my username and password, I can get in.
Both times making the self signed certificates I used the instructions form :
It is IIS 6 running on the Exchange 2003 server.
I'd like to get IE working again for our end users,