In our company we have a pool of Xen Server 5.6 (Dell R4 with 16 GB RAM and two CPU) and all VM are Ubuntu and Debian. Next year the financial department needs a new Windows Server environment (no matter 2003 or 2008) to run SQL Server, SAP Business One and BI tools (QlikView).
Now we only have one Windows 2003 server and our IT department has not much expertise in MS. We need your help to make a decision about the following points:
- Which is your opinion about virtualize a Windows 2008 server. The current machine (Windows 2003 server) has 8 GB RAM, has the SQL, SAP and BI together, and the load doesn't go above 4 GB. Only finance people use it, 10 users.
- If I have a Windows 2008 Server and I move the VM from one Dom0 to another, will be any license issue?
- Can I make a clone of a Windows 2008 VM for backup? Is there any license issue?
- SAP Business One requires a hardware key to generate a license key. This license will be affected when moving the virtual machine?
- Which version of Windows 2008 do you recommend us? Please note that we don´t require Active Directory, only Terminal Server access for a few users (up to 5).
Sorry if some questions are too obvious but we are really new in MS world.
Thanks in advance!