I am looking at an ESXI4 host that was shutdown over the weekend for power maintenance in the DC. When it was started it up again 1 of the VM's was listed as inaccessible!!
- We are using local storage for the VM's
- When we browse the 2 datastores we can see all other VM's apart from this 1
- When we use the VI client to log directly onto the Host the VM doesnt actually even have a name, it says "Unknown, Inaccessible" (from vcenter, it syas the vm name,and has inaccessible beside it!!)
- I have been assured that the VM was not moved, and was definatley created on the local host storage
- Vmotion, storage vmotion, HA, DRS are not enabled in this environment.
I cannot understand how the VM files have completely dissappeared from the Host. In my view this could only hve been done by deleting the VM files, creating it on a different datastore to being with, or storage Vmotioning it.
I am about to get the management agents restarted, and possibly the host if possible, but I doubt that will do anything. The VM admin has said that the datastore has the same amount of free space as it did before the VM went missing, and for a final nail in the coffin, there are no backups of this VM.
Any ideas, suggestions, troubleshooting step welcome.
- I have rescaned the storage adapters, browsed all datastores
- I am about to restart management agents and hopefully restart the host.