Merge/Blend/fade Colours Photoshop

Nice easy Q for any photoshoppers

I have an image the top part of which is a dark blue
I need to be able to put this on top of a different image where the other image a a darker blue

I want to merge/blend/fade (I dont know what the correct term is), the together to that the images colours fade/merge/blend together so I get a nice gradual transition from one colout to the other

How can I do this ?

I have CS5 and/or Elements 9 at my disposal
LVL 70
Brian PiercePhotographerAsked:
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

You can try using the blending options in the layers palette to achieve the correct blend.
Brian PiercePhotographerAuthor Commented:
Can you explain a bit more please
You can put one image on one layer, and crop the blue sky with the crop tool then drag it onto the other image. Now select the sky or cropped image and go to layers palette and where it says normal, change to Multiply, or Screen, and check the others to see if you can get the look you are wanting. Another way is to select a color of blue from the original image with the eyedropper tool then place the sky onto of the first image. With the top image selected choose the gradient tool from the left side toolbar. Now navigate to the top toolbar and choose the gradient Foreground to Transparent, and click and drag from where the images meet upward.

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
Brian PiercePhotographerAuthor Commented:
Nice !
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Active Directory

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.