I stopped the windows sharepoint services search service and changed the search database name. I got notices in event viewer that Successfully imported the application configuration snapshot into the registry.
Context: Application '0548d194-4a35-4850-9b1d-34f46d2dd34b' it looked like the crawler was working then I got event id 2436 followed by 2424 every five minutes (when the search is scheduled).
I am using the same domain admin account for both the service account and the content access account.
Prior to all this I could search older content but not newer content.
Now since I renamed the search database I can't search any content.
I do have the registry fix for the loopback.