Is this procedure/command correct to defrag an Exchange 2003 mail store offline?
Exchange Server Info:
- SBS 2003 SP2
- eseutil program is located in C:\programfiles\exchsrvr\bin
- Exchange Database is located in separate drive partition (X:\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb)
- New temporary defragged database is to be written to S: drive partition
- Not enough space to do instate defrag (110% needed) on X: drive
1. Dismount Store
2: cd C:\programfiles\exchsrvr\bin
3. eseutil /d /p X:\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb /ts:\tempdfg.edb
Are these steps correct after defrag is run?
4. delete the old priv1.edb and priv1.stm data bases in the X: drive
5. rename new tempdfg.edb and tempdfg.stm on S: drive to priv1.edb and priv1.stm
6. Move new priv1.edb and priv1.stm from S: drive to X:\exchsrvr\mdbdata
7. Remount Store
I'm doing this offline defrag because I am running out of space and I have recently deleted some large mailboxes. Thank you in advance for your comments, corrections, and suggestions.