The MAPI Spooler has shut down unexpectedly.

Hi,

This morning I opened my Outlook 2010 on window xp sp3 on an exchange 2010 box, didn't reboot last night, and all of a sudden I'm getting:

"The MAPI Spooler has shut down unexpectedly.  Close all mail-enabled applications before attempting to log on again."

The only thing I can find after extensive searching is for old stuff using OL97/2000 etc, and using pst.

I am not using cached mode on exchange and have no pst usage on my account.
I have nothing in my outbox as I've read sometimes that has caused this in the past.

So far, I have had no problems sending or receiving email in my outlook.  It looks to only be an annoyance so far and since as far as I know, it's only happening to me, I can deal with it for now.  But it could become a major problem if a staff member gets it.

I've run repair on my office 2010, removed my profile and re-added it and nothing seems to make this go away.

I even logged in as administrator on my pc to have a fresh windows profile, added my exchange account to outlook, and it happened again!  

I did log in to a remote box I have and the problem didn't occur on the once test I did, so I'm guessing it's something isolated to my computer.

I look forward to any responses since I've found not one person out there that this has happened to on 2010 software.

James
jpiletAsked:
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

jpiletAuthor Commented:
Solved it myself.

It's the iTunes connectors add-in's in Outlook 2010.

Once I disabled "iTunes Outlook Addin" and "Outlook Change Notifier" add-ins, the problem went away.

I hate when I get to my wits end, post the question on here, then figure it out anyway.  lol
MegaNuk3Commented:
Feel free to close the question.

next time just try outlook /safe  and if that works then do outlook /noextensions which pretty much narrows it down to a 3rd party add-in, then untick the add-ins 1 by 1 till the problem goes away.

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
MegaNuk3Commented:
Thanks for the points, even though you solved it yourself :-)
jpiletAuthor Commented:
No problem.  Your advice was exactly what I eventually figured out on my own.

That /safe switch helped me figure it out and since I didn't mention it, points to you :).
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Outlook

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.